1. I am interested in becoming a member, what should I do?
- Contact the Membership Chair, or any other board member, who would be happy to give you more information. You can also click on the Membership tab on our website for more information.
2. How do I find out about upcoming meetings, RSVP or get directions?
- We list all of our upcoming events on our website under the Upcoming Events tab. Or contact anyone listed on our Board of Directors page and they would be happy to get the info for you!
3. My computer won’t open your links!
- Contact the president regarding the problem. Often, information can be emailed to you (and we’ll fix the website!).
4. How can I find out about current job openings?
- Job postings are updated often and can be found on our website by visiting the Jobs section of our website. If you have a job to post, you may send it to Katie.
Job postings are posted at the Board of Director’s discretion and can be removed at any time. And, as always, attending a membership meeting is an invaluable tool for networking and making new career contacts!
5. I am interested in becoming more involved as a member; what can I do?
- Attend the membership meetings to receive the most current information on happenings of the committees in the NAWIC Spokane Chapter! We are always looking for energetic people and welcome new ideas.
6. I am a student, but there is no chapter of NAWIC at my college; can I attend the Spokane Chapter meetings?
- Absolutely! Students are welcomed and encouraged at the NAWIC meetings. Please check out our Scholarship page to learn more about our NAWIC Founders Scholarship!
7. I am hesitant to join. What benefits can the NAWIC Spokane Chapter offer me?
- Meeting a new group of people can often be scary – but not at NAWIC! We will greet you as you come in the door and introduce you to other members of the organization and make you feel right at home. In addition to the great networking opportunities, educational programs offered each month to our members, and outreach to the community, the Spokane Chapter is a great community of women in itself. We offer unmatched support for women in construction, bringing a wide variety of ages, backgrounds, and disciplines to the organization from which to draw from and find answers to your questions & concerns!